Friday 13 June 2014

I Don't Always Prepare

I spoke with my Stake President to hear what he thinks about the decision of me serving a mission or not. I wasn't sure at the time. He said "Give it 8 to 9 months to decide about serving a mission or not." I was like "that is the month when my next Birthday is." I have been deciding a lot lately and thinking if the mission is really for me or not.

I like how the missions are optional for the girls, they can serve from 4 months as minimum to 18 months as maximum. I thought about serving a mission for around 6 to 8 months. I kept changing my mind and I will stick with 6 months at the moment. I said to a friend who is currently serving his mission, "I don't always prepare," which is true. I don't always go to Institute every week, I don't always go to Mission Prep every week and I don't study Preach My Gospel everyday. I love making a goal to go to the Temple as much as I can. 

I love looking out for opportunities to share the gospel. I love how I have been getting constantly asked by non-member friends about the gospel. I really liked how one of my non-member friends wants to become a member already, she has been to Young Women's a few times when I was in Young Women's and she haven't got discussions from the Missionaries yet.

Sometimes we may think when we talk to our non-member friends at school is going nowhere. I felt I have done as much as I can to be an example to my non-member friends. One of Church friends who is a convert to the Church, became a member by seeing my happiness that I have with the gospel and she attended SMYC. I told the Elder who she used to get discussions with, "She became a Church member last year and she got baptised last year in March." The look of his expression was priceless. It was like "is this real?" He was so happy.

If you have time, I suggest to you to have a look at www.onestoplds.com

No comments:

Post a Comment