Friday 22 July 2016

Peace, Hope, and Direction

This post is based on a Liahona January 2000 article that I love called, "Peace, Hope, and Direction" by Sister Patricia P. Pinegar. I would like to share with you some highlights while I was reading the article.

Sister Pinegar mentioned,

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” (Prov. 3:5–6).

Brothers and sisters, I love the Lord and trust in Him with all of my heart. I know He lives and loves each of us. I know our Father in Heaven has a perfect plan for us. As we follow this plan and the example of our Savior, we can find peace in this troubled world, our hearts can be filled with hope, and we will receive the direction we need.

The difficult experience of my son’s death helped me identify and rejoice in the blessings of peace, hope, and direction blessings that all who truly accept and live the gospel of Jesus Christ may enjoy. I can bear witness to the words of Elder Richard G. Scott: “Please learn that as you wrestle with a challenge and feel sadness because of it, you can simultaneously have peace and rejoicing"

What are some specific things we can do to have these blessings of peace, hope, and direction in our lives? May I share with you three things that have helped me.
First, we must have complete trust in our Father’s plan of happiness and our Savior’s part in that plan.

The second thing that has helped me receive these blessings is the principle of courageous obedience. I am so grateful for God’s gift of laws and commandments. Peace, hope, and direction are outcomes of striving to live the teachings of Jesus and obeying His laws and commandments.

The scriptures teach, “Great peace have they which love thy law” They also teach that “he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come”

The third thing we can do to receive these blessings of peace, hope, and direction is to learn to respond to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and acknowledge to the Lord our gratitude for this great gift."

I encourage you to read the whole article in your own time. Here's the link below.
www.lds.org/liahona/2000/01/peace-hope-and-direction

We all need to have peace, hope and direction throughout our lives. I like what the Image says, and if you can't see what it says, it says "Let us rejoice in the blessings of peace, hope, and direction, blessings that so many of our Father’s children do not enjoy."

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment