Thursday 8 May 2014

Goodbye to Elder "Bennett" Aue

I know Bennett has recently left to go to the Philippines Missionary Training Center today and I already miss him. He is going to be a great Missionary for the next 2 years. The conversations isn't going to be the same way for the next 2 years. I am writing post because I am grateful that Bennett is one of my friends.

I met Bennett at a Youth Dance when I was still in Youth but it wasn't official met. I officially met him at SMYC (in other words, Special Multistake Youth Conference or EFY) on Day 1 this year and he was one of the counsellors of my Company #ServiceB.O.M which was a great Company. 

After SMYC, a few members of the company including myself saw Bennett again at Southbank. It was an awesome day! I enjoyed the day out and there was a few highlights throughout the day. I saw 7 News Car including 7 NEWS filming and showing LIVE! I decided to be in a photo with the 7 NEWS Car behind me in the background and it was at SOUTHBANK! 

Here's a few photos at the Company Meet Up below;

Bennett and I at Southbank, behind 7 NEWS car.
{Photo 1}










At Lehi's Tent {Photo 2}



After the Company Meet Up, I decided to do a Skype Video Call with Bennett for when he was opening his Mission Call. I saw Bennett opening his Mission Call through Skype Video Call. It was an amazing experience and it was my first time to see one of my friend's opening their Mission Call through Skype Video Call. I was so happy for Bennett! 

After the Mission Call Opening, I saw Bennett the last time for the next 2 years at a YSA {in other words, Young Single Adult} Dance. It was great to see him again. I was so looking forward to see him again sometime before he left but it didn't ended up happening. 

Yesterday, I kept calling and calling his phone. It made me worry when he wasn't answering and I knew I wouldn't give up hanging up the phone. Eventually, his brother answered his phone and his brother handed the phone to Bennett. It was so awesome to have the last phone call to say the last goodbye for 2 years and it was one of the hardest goodbyes.

Philippines better look after Bennett for the next 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment