Monday 5 May 2014

A Power of Fasting

I know sometimes I get asked by some people "What is your reason for fasting?" Well I fast for different reasons. I recently fasted for one of my cousins {who isn't a member of the Church, she is a toddler} and she wasn't eating at all. I saw my Aunty posting a status mentioned "I'm worried because she is not getting better" and I thought about it of what I can do to help or do something about it.

So on Saturday night around 10pm, I started fasting and I fasted so my cousin could get better and start eating before Tuesday. Otherwise, if my cousin wasn't eating and getting better, my Aunty would have taken her back to the doctor. I fasted for 21 hours and 30 minutes with no food and drink {not including Sacrament}. I felt Satan's Power to encourage me to stop fasting. I kept reminding myself what is it that I am fasting for and will it be worth it at the end of the fast. 

Today would have marked 5 days of my cousin for not eating. When my Aunty posted 2 photos, she mentioned "Yay she is finally eating again" that was when I find out that my cousin was eating again. I was so filled with happiness, joy and amazed that my cousin is eating again. It was so worth of sacrifice for not eating and drinking {not including Sacrament} for 21 hours and 30 minutes. I trusted in the Lord to get through the Fast.

For Fasting, it can be little things and little things does make a huge difference sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment