Saturday 23 July 2016

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed

First and foremost, I encourage you to think about and answer the following question in your own time. "What does listen, obey, and be blessed means to you?"

I kept thinking about some of the life lessons that I have learned while I was in Western Australia last year. One of the life lessons is kept in my mind and it hasn't been forgotten. This post's target readers is for young readers, youth readers and even anyone else who is willing to read this post.

I strongly encourage you to be obedient and listen to the local church leaders, including acting upon the counsels from past prophets, acting upon the counsels from past Apostles, acting upon the counsels from the current prophet and acting upon the counsels from current Apostles.

I also strongly encourage you to be obedient and listen to your school or your college teachers in school if you are in school. I also encourage you to be obedient and listen to your manager if you have a job.

I also encourage you to be obedient and listen to your friends when they give you right words of advice. Readers, I know that everyone has been striving their best to keep you happy, keep you away from being in trouble, keep you safe, staying in tune with the Holy Ghost and keep close to Heavenly Father.
I remembered all of the dates that I went on while I was in Western Australia. I still remember two of my dates in Western Australia, I felt uncomfortable because some people had an instant impression that me and a returned missionary were together when we were spending some time together acting like we were together more than six months.

Another date, I felt like a lower my standards because I always wanted to date guys who have high standards and active church members, but unfortunately, I went on a date to an inactive member of the church and I didn't know until during the date. I was feeling upset inside.

I just wanted to go back where I was staying. I had no access to a car until after I got dropped back off at a friend's house. I learned that there shouldn't be a reason why to lower my standards, keep my goals higher and the positive thing about these dating experiences was to gain the confidence of going on dates.

I officially stopped going on dates since May last year. None of those guys from all the dates that I went on during my time in Western Australia, doesn't talk to me anymore and it is okay with me.

Always remember to listen, be obedient and be blessed!
Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment