Wednesday 13 July 2016

Choices

First and foremost, what is the first thing comes to your mind when you hear choices?
Do you think about your past choices? or Did you think about your current choice?

If you were to ask me the same first question, I would answer "the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear choices is my past choices and I don't know why." I thought I already shared a post based on a General Conference talk called, "Choices" by President Thomas S Monson before.

While I was checking to see if I did or not, I was surprised that I haven't. I decided to do a blog post based on that General Conference talk. I would like to share with you some highlights while I was reading the talk recently. If you can't see the Image below, it says "May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong. Thomas S. Monson."
President Thomas S Monson mentioned,

"I have been thinking recently about choices. It has been said that the door of history turns on small hinges, and so do people’s lives. The choices we make determine our destiny.

When we left our premortal existence and entered mortality, we brought with us the gift of agency. Our goal is to obtain celestial glory, and the choices we make will, in large part, determine whether or not we reach our goal.

May we choose to build up within ourselves a great and powerful faith which will be our most effective defense against the designs of the adversary a real faith, the kind of faith which will sustain us and will bolster our desire to choose the right. Without such faith, we go nowhere. With it, we can accomplish our goals.

Although it is imperative that we choose wisely, there are times when we will make foolish choices. The gift of repentance, provided by our Savior, enables us to correct our course settings, that we might return to the path which will lead us to that celestial glory we seek.

As we contemplate the decisions we make in our lives each day whether to make this choice or that choice if we choose Christ, we will have made the correct choice."

I encourage you to read the whole talk in your own time. Here's the link to the talk below.
www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/choices

We all make choices each day and each night of our lives. We all need to choose wisely.

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment