Sunday 26 July 2015

My Talk Based On Temples

I would like to share with you about my talk that I have done for my Church this morning.

"Good morning Brothers and Sisters, I was assigned to give a talk on Temples. What is a Temple? 

The answer is mentioned in Doctrine and Covenants, Section 88 verse 119 and that reads, Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;

How do I prepare myself worthy to enter inside the Temple?
- Having a testimony of the gospel, paying tithing, 
- Reading the scriptures daily, having personal prayers,
- remembering to stand as a witness of God at all times, in all things and in all places, striving to follow the standards from the Strength of Youth Pamphlet such as Dress and Appearance, Choosing Friends Wisely, Being Honest, Keeping my thoughts clean and pure, etc 
Why do we have Temples?

The answer is mentioned in Preach My Gospel and it reads, 
The Savior loves all people and desires their salvation. Yet millions of people have died without having any opportunity to hear the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ or receive saving ordinances. Through His loving grace and mercy the Lord makes salvation possible for everyone who did not have the opportunity to receive, understand, and obey the gospel during their mortal lives. The gospel is preached to these deceased people in the spirit world. Members of the Church on earth perform the saving ordinances in behalf of their deceased ancestors and others. Deceased persons living in the spirit world have the opportunity to accept or reject the gospel and the ordinances performed in their behalf.

For this reason, Church members search for information about their ancestors. They complete pedigree charts and family group records and submit the names of deceased relatives who need to have saving ordinances performed on their behalf in sacred temples. This is family history work. Worthy members ages 12 and over, including new members, may receive from their bishop a recommend to perform baptisms for the dead.

I would like to bare my testimony that I love going to the Temple to seek spiritual guidance from Heavenly Father, receiving answers to my prayers, and I know Families Can Be Together Forever. In The Name of Jesus Christ. Amen."

I did shared my testimony about Temples and it was something like what I mentioned above. Stay tuned for the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment