Thursday 19 November 2015

Consider the Blessings

What does "Consider the Blessings" means to you? This post is based on October 2012 General Conference talk called "Consider the Blessings" by Thomas S. Monson.
It is so true of what he said, because I will challenge you all to have a look for the blessings, large and small that you have received. Those little things counts. He mentions a lot that is really useful and I will choose those highlights to share with you. One of the things that he learnt was "never to postpone a prompting." 

I loved how he was sharing stories about Blessings and it was amazed for me to read the talk. I would like to share with you one of the stories with you.

"as Sister Monson and I were driving home after visiting friends, I felt impressed that we should go into town a drive of many miles to pay a visit to an elderly widow who had once lived in our ward. Her name was Zella Thomas. At the time, she was a resident in a care center. That early afternoon we found her to be extremely frail but lying peacefully on her bed.

Zella had long been blind, but she recognized our voices immediately. She asked if I might give her a blessing, adding that she was prepared to die if the Lord wanted her to return home. There was a sweet, peaceful spirit in the room, and all of us knew that her remaining time in mortality would be brief. Zella took me by the hand and said that she had prayed fervently that I would come to see her and provide her a blessing. I told her that we had come because of direct inspiration from our Heavenly Father. I kissed her on the forehead, knowing that I perhaps would not again see her in mortality. Such proved to be the case, for she passed away the following day. To have been able to provide some comfort and peace to our sweet Zella was a blessing to her and to me."

Towards of the end of his talk, he mentioned what has stood out to me and I thought it would be nice if I shared it with you. He mentioned "I never cease to be amazed by how the Lord can motivate and direct the length and breadth of His kingdom and yet have time to provide inspiration concerning one individual or one cultural celebration or one Jumbotron. The fact that He can, that He does, is a testimony to me.

My brothers and sisters, the Lord is in all of our lives. He loves us. He wants to bless us. He wants us to seek His help. As He guides us and directs us and as He hears and answers our prayers, we will find the happiness here and now that He desires for us. May we be aware of His blessings in our lives, I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior, Amen." 

It is so true about what he mentions throughout the talk, if you would like to read the whole talk for yourself or for your friends or for your family; here's the link below and I hope you will enjoy it.

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment