Monday 11 April 2016

Some Mission Preparation Ideas

I didn't know what to post today. I could only think about some mission preparatation ideas.

The mission isn't for everyone. If you have a desire to serve a mission, I strongly encourage you to pray with real intent and fast to know if the mission is for you or not. If you got a confirmation with an answer saying "Yes," I encourage you to go ahead and serve a mission.

If you received an answer saying "No," I encourage you to don't feel discouraged and look for other ways to serve the Lord. Giving up 18 months or 2 years or whatever how long of serving the Lord does take a lot of dedication and hard working. Missions are tough and missions aren't easy.


If you are preparing for your mission, I encourage you to go ahead and read a list that I have provided below. The list is a list of the mission preparations that I have done before I went on my mission. I know it will help me to become an effective missionary and I know it will help you too.

" - Fulfilling your Church calling/s; Fulfilling your church calling/s is a great way of service before your mission. 

- Build a habit of daily scripture study; it will help you heaps because you will be reading your scriptures daily during your mission and it will help you build a stronger testimony of the scriptures. 

- Become familiar with Preach My Gospel; it will help you heaps and it will help you to prepare and teach lessons. 

- Attending some sessions at the Temple; Attending the Temple will help you to receive personal revelations for yourself, you will gain a stronger testimony of Temples, you will come to love the Temple more if you attend the Temple often, you will gain a stronger understanding of the importance of Temples. 

I encourage you to take the opportunity to go to the Temple often before your mission because you won't be able to go to the Temple often during your mission. 
Go out with your ward missionaries if you have missionaries serving in your ward; going out with them are the best way of experiencing what it is like to be a Missionary. Sometimes they will take you with them to go tracking or help them to teach lessons for the Investigators or doing rescue visits for the less actives/inactives. 

Listening to some past General Conference talks; you will receive some inspiration answers to your new questions, you will be able to learn new things and you will gain a stronger testimony in General Conference.

Attending Institute; you will be able to learn new things while attending Institute often, it will help you to build a stronger testimony of Institute and if you accomplish the requirements for Institute, you will be able to receive a certificate of Achievement or Diploma for Institute.

Attending Mission Prep Class; it will help you heaps. Most classes provide a lesson and do role plays (the teacher gives you a situation and what the lesson's topic is on)."

There are other mission preparations that I could think of but I thought it would be best for you to figure out what those other mission preparations are."

I hope the list will you and I hope you can use it as a guide. If you aren't preparating for your mission, I encourage you to continue fulfilling your church calling/s, go to the Temple often if you are Temple worthy, build a habit of scripture study daily and listen to some past General Conference talks.

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment