Thursday 7 April 2016

Being a Ward Missionary has helped me and taught me a lot

I love being a Ward Missionary for the past month and a day, It has helped me and taught me a lot. I learnt some major things that I didn't see before and I was able to apply a few of those things into my everyday life.

For the past month and a day; 
I was able to recognise the promptings from Holy Ghost sooner, I was able to teach by the spirit, I acknowledged more importance of personal scripture study, my testimony based on "The Plan of Salvation" has been strengthened and I caught myself memorising Joesph Smith's Prayer (JS H, chapter 1: verse 16 to 17) randomly again.

I would like to share with you, three of those major things that I have learnt.

1/ There will be weeks that time goes slow and there will be weeks that time goes fast.
2/ If I have the right attitude for completing a task, I will be able to achieve it.  
3/ Remember the purpose for going on a mission. 
If you have a desire to go on a mission,  go on a mission. The process isn't really hard. Being patient for the mission call to arrive can be hard, 

I encourage you to allow upto 6 months to complete the mission papers. I also encourage you to go to the interview with your bishop and your stake president. Be prepared to answer any of their questions. Then wait for your mission call to arrive, it can take upto 4 weeks to a very long time. 

When you receive your mission call, tell your family and your friends. Invite your family and some friends to see your mission call opening. It will be a teary and great memory. Then do the final preparations for your mission such as going a few more interviews with your bishop and your stake president. 

The night before you leave for your mission, you get set apart as a Full Time Missionary. Then the journey begins aas you are saying your final goodbyes to your friends and family.

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment