Friday 1 April 2016

18 Months in Perth, Australia {K Orro}

Yesterday marked a special day for my friend Kalila because she opened her Mission Call and she got to find out where she will serving the Lord for 18 months. I am very happy for her decision to go on a mission. In fact, I didn't know when she submitted her mission papers.

It was great for me to know that there is another friend out of my online seminary class is going on their mission.

"Dear Sister Orro,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labour in Perth, Australia Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.You should report to the Auckland, New Zealand Missionary Training Center on Thursday, June 2nd, 2015. You will prepare to to preach the gospel in the English language."

I already have started a countdown until the day she reports to Auckland MTC.
She will be a great Sister Missionary serving in Perth Australia Mission.
She reports in 62 Days, that is equal to Two Months and One Day!
Kalila, if you are reading this post right now, I have done a letter for you.

"Hey Kalila! Congratulations. I would like to wish you all the best for your Mission. You will love Perth so much. You are so lucky to get called to serve in Perth. I hope your companions in Perth are as great as your companions in the MTC. I hope you will serve in the areas where I went to when I was in Perth last year.

I hope you will able to see Elder Lotter, Elder Taylor during your mission. Elder Lotter and Elder Taylor are also from Queensland. If you do see them, tell them that I said "Hey." You will be missed heaps by your family, your relatives and your friends.

If you ever serve in Rockingham Area, please give Mel Sutton and each of her children a hug for me. I was staying with them for the final 3 weeks while I was in Perth. I miss them so much and they miss me.

You will love the Temple. I went inside the Temple and attended some sessions. It is completely a different feeling that I normally feel at Brisbane Temple. I know that you will love the Mission President and his wife so much. I already met them and they are amazing!"

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment