Friday 15 April 2016

On This Day

On Facebook, I think it is amazing that it has setting to receive notifications each day for "On This Day." For those readers who doesn't have Facebook, it is a notification that you can click on and it will display a page of posts that someone has shared on Facebook on that date and it also displays friendship anniversaries (if that someone became friends with someone else on that date).

For an example - If you became friends with your sister on Facebook exact one year ago, it will show up on that page. The reason for this post is to share with you one major thing of what makes this day a special day for me.
One year ago today, I said my final goodbyes to my family. I loved them so much. I left Brisbane to go to Western Australia. While I was being on the plane, waiting for everyone else to board the plane, I was on a phone call to my girl best friend.

I was very excited and happy for her at the time because she just completed her interview with her stake president and she even told me that her mission papers got submitted. I know she was very excited for me to go to Western Australia. I wasn't able to show her in person about how excited and how happy I was for her.

I didn't want to end the phone call with her. When I have to end the call, she quickly said, "I love you and miss you, Megan." After the phone call, I was feeling sad and I was about to cry so much. When i eventually cried, thank goodness that people didn't think that I was a baby crying.
I stayed awake for the whole flight. It was a long flight. It was almost 6 hours on the plane. I never fell asleep on the plane before. I was so grateful to know that it has been one year ago since I left Brisbane to go to Perth, Western Australia.

I was very excited to meet new people, going to Perth Latter-Day Saint Temple and hoping that I will make my time in Western Australia memorable and worthwhile. I was hoping that I will as many photos as I can. 

I was keen on text messaging my parents, my girl best friend, my sister Emma, and a few close friends with daily updates/evening updates about what did I achieved each day/each night, mentioning that I miss them/love them so much, how my day was and how my night was so that they know that I am doing well and still alive. I know there were some days and some evenings that I messaged late than usual. Oops. 

Some days and some evenings, I kept forgetting about the time difference between Western Australia and Queensland because I was so focused and used to seeing Perth Time Zone and not realising that Brisbane Time Zone is 2 hours ahead. 

I really like Western Australia. If you haven't been to Western Australia before, I encourage you to go to Western Australia sometime. I don't have much else to say.

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment