Tuesday 4 October 2016

When life is rough, pray! When life is great, pray!

My mind kept reminding myself a hymn "Did you think to pray?" I know I already shared a blog post based on that hymn and I would like to share another post about prayer. I would like you to think about the following questions and answer the questions in your own time.
If you can not see the Image above, it says "When life is rough, pray. When life is great, pray."

Do you want guidance? Have you prayed to the Lord for inspiration?

Do you want to do right or do you want to do what you want to do whether or not it is right?
Do you want to do what is best for you in the long run or what seems most desirable for the moment?

Have you prayed? How much have you prayed? How did you pray?

Have you prayed as did the Saviour of the world in Gethsemane or did you ask for what you want regardless of its being proper?

Do you say in your prayers; "Thy will be done"?

Did you say: "Heavenly Father, if you will inspire and impress me with the right, I will do that right"?

Or did you pray, "Give me what I want or I will take it any way"?

Did you say: "Father in Heaven, I love you, I believe in you, I know you are omniscient. I am honest. I am sincerely desirous of doing right. I know you can see the end from the beginning. You can see the future.

You can discern if under this situation I present, I will have peace or turmoil, happiness or sorrow, success or failure. Tell me please, loved Heavenly Father, and I promise to do what you tell me to do."

Have you prayed that way? Don't you think it may be wise? Are you courageous enough to pray that prayer?

Stay tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment