Sunday 30 October 2016

My Two New Favourite Scripture Verses

First and foremost, I am sure that you may find it annoying after for awhile of me sharing short and sweet posts. Haha, I am serious. Am I right? It is alright if you answered no, I am wrong. If you answered yes, I am so sorry.

Did you notice that I was off Facebook for the most of the past three weeks?
You may ask me, "Where have you been for the past three weeks?"

For the past three weeks, I have been so busy. I have been so busy reading The Book of Mormon and I have learned a lot. I have completed reading The Book of Mormon this morning and I was able to commit to stay off Facebook for the most three weeks. Instead of being on Facebook; I was able to use my time more wisely and effectively. I seemed to be a more happier person than I was four weeks ago.

Always remember Heavenly Father is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

While I reading The Book of Mormon, I kept marking new scripture verses that I loved and two of those scripture verses became my favourite scripture verses. I would like to share with you where those scripture verses are found, what do they say and why are they my favourite.

2 Nephi: Chapter 31, verse 20 
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold thus saith the Father; Ye shall have eternal life."

It is my favourite scripture verse because I know whenever I press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, I always seem to become a better and more happier person. Feasting upon the word of Christ is like reading the scriptures, and I know whenever I read the scriptures, it helps me to have a closer relationship with Heavenly Father.

Mosiah: Chapter 4, verse 30
"But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, perish not."

It is my favourite scripture verse because I know if I am not careful about my thoughts, my actions, my words, etc, there are serious consquences and I know if I am careful about my thoughts, my actions, my words, etc, I would be more aware about the consquences.
If you can not see the Image that I have shared above for this post, it says "The Book of Mormon is the best guide to learn how well we are doing and how to do better. - Henry B. Eyring."

If you ever have a spare moment, please read the scriptures. Always remember to invite the spirit to be with you while you are reading the scriptures because it makes the reading more meaningful and helps you to learn something new.
Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment