Saturday 17 December 2016

Day Seventeen: #lighttheworld

This post is short and sweet. Today marks day seventeen of #lighttheworld. "Jesus Cared for His Mother and So Can You"

Mary was in Bethlehem to bring Jesus Christ into the world. And as He left the world behind, she was there, as well. In the midst of His deepest suffering, Jesus looked upon His mother with love and concern. He commanded the Apostle John to care for her as if she were his own mother. Today, Christ’s words apply to us, too: “Behold thy mother.”

Today's scripture reference is found in John 19:25-27 and it reads the following;
“25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.”

I didn't have a close relationship with my Mum as I was growing up from birth to my mid teens. I started and strived my hardest to have a close relationship with my Mum when I was sixteen years or seventeen years. I know that may seem late but to me, it was not late. It was better to be late than never.

I am very grateful to have a Mum who cares about me, who supports me, who loves me, who supervise me when I was learning how to drive, who I can learn some lessons from her and I am very grateful for many other things.
I like the Image above and if you can not see it, it says "A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take."

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment