Friday 23 December 2016

Day Twenty Three: #lighttheworld

This post is short and sweet. Today marks day twenty three of #lighttheworld. "Jesus was a Peacemaker and You Can Be One Too"

During the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus Christ taught that peacemakers are called the children of God. We can earn that blessed title when we reach out to others in the spirit of forgiveness, reconciliation, and resolution.

Today's scripture is found in Matthew 5:9 and it reads the following;
“Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.”
I have shared an Image above and if you can not see it, it says "Blessed are the PEACEMAKERS."

My goodness, my evening was interesting. I would like to share with you one experience that happened tonight and it relates to this post's topic.

While I was working, I noticed my manager was not happy with a customer, he was getting frustrated and he was angry. I know how he felt. I must admit, at first, I did not know what to do because I was not able to find a quiet place to kneel down in prayer to ask forgiveness and soften his heart to change to become happy again.

So during my driving time to delivery to someone's order to their house, I was able to express to Heavenly Father how I felt, ask about forgiveness and change his heart. When I arrived back to one of the stores where I work at, I smiled and showed that I was very happy. I noticed my manager seemed happy again and he was grateful after dealing with that customer.

There is a saying that I like and that is "At times, we do fall short. At times, we do get frustrated at things even the little things. By the end of the day, we can always overcome those times in life by learning and acknowledging what we can do better next time when it happens again."
Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment