Tuesday 9 February 2016

Finally a Babysitting Job + Halfway to SLC

Just over a little week ago, I was looking for work because I really wanted a job before I turn 20 and before I leave for my mission. I was looking for any Babysitting, any Hospitality, any Retail and any Receptionist type of jobs that was located close to home or within 15 minutes to 25 mins drive from home. The first website that I looked for jobs was Gumtree.

While I had Gumtree website opened, the first and only thing that I looked up was babysitting. While I was browsing on Gumtree, I reconsider and I decided to not be picky about how much distance for the job from home because I know it would be way better to keep my options open. 

I looked at a few babysitting job ads. Out of the few that I looked at, I really liked one babysitting job because it is located within 50 minutes drive from home and how Kristy described what is required for the job. I messaged her to tell her that I was interested. 

Within a day which makes 1 week ago from today, I received a reply from Kristy with a question. 
I must admit I was very happy because I was able to chat back and forth with her for awhile. During the conversation, I made the decision to meet her that evening after seeing my Stake President because I know I will be near her house so I didn't see why not and I was in no rush.
I felt confused and upset because when my Stake President told me that my mission papers was halfway. I didn't fully understood what he meant. I thought he meant the mission papers wasn't submitted. After seeing the Stake President, I may seemed disappointed however, it was nice to meet Kristy and her partner for the first time. It was nice to meet the children too but they were sleeping when I arrived.

Kristy and her partner gave me some time to think about it if I should go ahead and get the job or not. I decided that I wanted to go ahead and get the babysitting job. On Sunday evening after the Stake YSA Fast Breaker, I was dropped off to where Kristy and her family lives.

The children was finally able to meet me for the first time. The first impression that they showed me was incredibly crazy. They were so full of energy, very happy and excited. The first impression that I showed them was full of happiness and being myself. After some playing time, it was time for bed for the children. I was able to talk to Kristy and her partner but mostly to Kristy.

We were going through exceptions and other things too. I will be moving in because it would be so convenient for me and for the babysitting job position. Yesterday was Day 1. I survived and it was good. However I will be packing my suitcase this week and moving in next Sunday afternoon or Sunday evening.

During the weekends, the only days that I get days off. I could see my family again. I could see them during the evening time but it is a long drive to see them and I do start work at 6:30am.

2 Great News!!! Long story short, I got a babysitting job live in position! My Mission Papers is Halfway to Salt Lake City from the last time that I heard about it. I think my Mission Papers is more than halfway to Salt Lake City now.

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment