Wednesday 10 February 2016

Happy 20th Birthday to Me

Final goodbyes of being a teenager and hello 20's. I didn't feel anything different for awhile. It took some time to admit that I am 20 years. My Dad was the first to wish me a Happy Birthday.

I would like to share with you a few highlights that happened on my Birthday.

This morning, I attended a Baptistery Session at Brisbane Temple with my Mum and a friend Julie.
This evening, I received a phone call from my Grandma during Institute. It was great talking to her because it has been almost 10 months ago since I last spoke to her. I miss her heaps and I want to see her again but I don't know when I get to see her again, hopefully sometime before I leave for my mission.
Also this evening after Institute, Sister Cameron asked the class students what we were going to do after Institute, she suggested McDonald's or Hungry Jacks. Some students wasn't interested of going anywhere but just to go home. I decided to speak up and said something like "Come on guys, it is my Birthday today." Immediately, they all sang the Happy Birthday song to me and some students was interested to celebrate with me for my Birthday.

I decided that for those students who was interested to celebrate with me for my Birthday to go to Cioccolato in Toowoomba and that is what we did. It was so awesome because it was a great number of students. There was about 12 students who was there.

Before I told the waiter what I would like, I mentioned "It is my Birthday today and the others are here to celebrate my Birthday with me. He wished me a Happy Birthday and asked me a few questions. It was a great missionary opportunity to share!!

When the waiter gave me what I ordered, it was very smart what he did. I ordered 3 churros, white chocolate sauce to go with it and I also had caramel frappe. He put a candle on top on a churro and of course the candle lit. The students sang a Happy Birthday song to me again, I made a wish and blew the candle out.

Overall, I had a alright and good day. Overall, I had a great evening. This year's Birthday, I must admit that I definitely missed my Best Friend Sister M Dixon and my Close Friends Sister L Tuaputa and Dorothea for this year's Birthday because I celebrated my previous Birthday with them.

Thank you to friends, family and a few extended family to wish me a Happy Birthday today. 

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment