Monday 2 May 2016

Prayer, Believing and Receive

I encourage you to reflect on your past weekend? How was your weekend? Was it good? Was it great? Was it not so good? Was it alright? Was it productive? What would you rate your weekend out of 10?

If you said, your weekend was great or it was good or it was productive, well good for you.
If you said, your weekend was not so good or alright in what ways can you make next weekend better?

I would like to share with you two outlines about what happened during my weekend. My weekend was not so good, but it was productive and it was alright. I would rate my weekend 3.5/4 out of 10.

On Saturday morning: it wasn't a pleasant happy morning for me. I received two unread, not Christlike long text messages from two different church members, they are young single adults aged. I wouldn't mention who they were and I hope they won't read this post. I want them to know that the long text messages that they sent me have made me feel weighed down, hurt and upset. Luckily, I was able to control those feelings and become happy again.

On Sunday morning: during sacrament meeting in my ward and while I was listening to church members who shared their testimonies yesterday morning, I was reading my scriptures quietly. I was reading the Old Testament briefly and then I was reading the New Testament briefly. I saw a scripture that stood out to me while I was reading the New Testament.

I would like to share with you where that scripture is found and what it says. The scripture is found in Matthew, chapter 21 and verse 22 and it reads what the image says.
If you can't see the image above, it says "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

I would like to expand on that scripture. In order for us to receive answers from our prayers, we need to pray, believe and have faith that we will get answers even if we don't get answers straight away but in the Lord's timing. Heavenly Father knows when it is the right time for us to receive answers.

Some answers can come through personal scripture study. Some answers can come through other people by their strong testimony or what they have shared with us. Some answers can come sooner than expected. Some answers can come straight away. Some answers can come late.

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment