Friday 25 March 2016

The Savior’s Atonement Lesson

My Stake President has given me a great assignment based on Mosiah, Chapter 3 and of course I was happy to accept the assignment. He gave me 2 short weeks to prepare a lesson, and prepare in a way that I will be teaching him if he was a Investigator.

It may seem intense to receive that assignment from my Stake President at first but I am grateful that I receive a assignment to do. The lesson that I have prepared was called "The Savior's Atonement Lesson." I would like to share with you what I have prepared.

"The Savior’s Atonement is available to each of us always. We access the Atonement through repentance. When we repent, the Lord allows us to put the mistakes of the past behind us.
“Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more. “By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins, behold, he will confess them and forsake them.”

As the Only Begotten Son of God, He inherited power over physical death. That allowed Him to sustain His life as He suffered “even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great [was] his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people.

If you have made no mistakes, then you do not need the Atonement.
If you have made mistakes, and all of us have, whether minor or serious, then you have an enormous need to find out how they can be erased so that you are no longer in darkness.
The third article of faith states, “We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.”

President Joseph F. Smith taught: “Men cannot forgive their own sins; they cannot cleanse themselves from the consequences of their sins. Men can stop sinning and can do right in the future, and so far as their acts are acceptable before the Lord become worthy of consideration.

But who shall repair the wrongs they have done to themselves and to others, which it seems impossible for them to repair themselves? By the Atonement of Jesus Christ the sins of the repentant shall be washed away; We do not know exactly how the Lord accomplished the Atonement. But we do know that the cruel torture of crucifixion was only part of the horrific pain which began in Gethsemane.

Atonement has blessed my life in so many different ways. I'll share with you one of those ways. Jesus Christ knows how I feel whenever I am in pain, going through challenges, struggles and tribulations. I know that I will have to endure to the end with everything what I am going through. Because of the Atonement, I am able to overcome all those things one day."

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment