Saturday 5 December 2015

Look Up

This post is based on a Article in January 2012 called "Look Up by Elder Carl B. Cook." I enjoyed reading the Article. I would like to share with you some highlights that I loved during reading the Article.
He was sharing one of his experiences as a young Missionary; He noticed that the others in his district were progressing much faster than he was. Long story short, "I began to plead with Heavenly Father for some relief. The Lord answered that prayer.

I felt this thought come into my mind: “I never called you to master the German language. I just called you to serve with all of your heart, mind, and strength.”

I immediately thought, “I can do that. I can serve with all of my heart, mind, and strength. If that’s what the Lord has called me to do, I can do that.” I stood up feeling tremendously relieved. Instead, I focused on how the Lord felt I was doing.

Instead of looking to the side to compare myself to others, I began to look up, so to speak, to know what He thought of my efforts." How do we “look up”?

He shared a description for each principle that can help. I will share with you what they are, but not the description for each of them.

- Tap into Spiritual Power
- Stay True to the Direction You Receive
- Don’t Be Afraid to Act
- Stand by Your Post
- Look Heavenward"

In your own time, you can read the whole talk, Here's the link below,
www.lds.org/ensign/2012/01/look-up

We all need to look up instead of looking down and sideways. We need to seek help from Heavenly Father and trusting in ourselves that we can look up again and be happy again.

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment