Wednesday 2 September 2015

Powerful Testimony Tips

You may ask me "What is a Testimony?"
A Testimony is a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost.
.
You can make a Powerful Testimony by doing the following things;

1. Fasting:
It can help you to feel the promptings of the Holy Ghost to know what to say.

2. Keep it simple: 
A testimony is made up of simple statements of truth. Elder Scott shared, "Share principles that help those you love to press forward along the path to eternal life. Remember, we all grow line upon line. You have followed that same pattern in your understanding of the gospel. Keep your sharing of the gospel simple" at April General Conference last year.

3. Use "I know" Statements:
I know when Testimonies are powerful. It is when people say "I know" statements. As Elder Ballard explains, "My experience throughout the Church leads me to worry that too many of our members’ testimonies linger on 'I am thankful' and 'I love,' and too few are able to say with humble but sincere clarity, 'I know.'"

When we bear our testimonies of principles we have come to know are true, he says, our meetings will have "the testimony-rich, spiritual underpinnings that stir the soul and have meaningful, positive impact on the lives of all those who hear them."

4. Include these truths:
President Uchtdorf explains, "A testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ will always include these clear and simple truths:
- God lives. He is our loving Father in Heaven, and we are His children.
- The Book of Mormon is the word of God.

5. Bear your Testimony often:
President Packer declared, "Oh, if I could teach you this one principle: a testimony is to be found in the bearing of it!"

I think we all need to share our Testimony often, not just in sacrament meetings. Share it in whatever words come. Share it knowing that the spirit will testify of truth to the hearts of those listening.

I shared some of the information from LDSLiving.
Here's the link to read their version.
www.ldsliving.com/Bearing-Your-Testimony-5-Powerful-Tips-/s/76198

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment