Wednesday 20 January 2016

Today was Alright and Long Day

Today wasn't a great day and today wasn't a bad day either. Overall today was a long alright day.
How was your day today? Was it a great day or was it a bad day? Was it a alright and long day?

This morning around 11am, I left home and I didn't arrive home until around lunch time.
Then I went back out again and I didn't come arrive back home again until around 4:20pm.

You may ask me, "Where were you today? and what did you do today?"
Most of today, I was with the Sister Missionaries because they invited me to go with them to attend appointments (by being a member present), teaching lessons and do some door knocking.

Some of the appointments that was scheduled today has fell through because one member wasn't home, one investigator wasn't home, former church member had to reschedule until next week, and two former investigators was about to leave their houses to go out (in other words, bad timing for having their appointments today).

I must say today was a very hot day to do door knocking. The Sister Missionaries and I walked for about 30 minutes to 40 minutes to do door knocking. Some people wasn't interested. Some people didn't answer because they weren't home. Some people answered the door and even someone asked someone else if they wanted Latter-Day Saints over.
I had a few highlights today. I would love to share with you one of those highlights was.
This highlight that I will be sharing with you, is my favourite highlight.

During our lesson with Jake; Sister Burgess, her companion Sister Kalwit and I talked with Jake about many things. I would like to share with you some of those things that was mentioned as listed below and not in order.

- We all have choices to make in this life. Every act we do, has consequences behind it.
- The Word of Wisdom, we need to treat our bodies like the Temple.
- Heavenly Father hears all of his children's prayers.
- Sometimes Heavenly Father's timing is best.

I know what the Sister Missionaries and I have mentioned to Jake this afternoon was true.
We had some amazing moments when Sister Burgess, Sister Kalwit and myself to share our testimonies based on what we all mentioned this day either about our own personal experiences and how the gospel blesses our lives. It was great. Jake understood everything that was said.

The main purpose is to invite Jake to pray always, pray everyday, pray every night, pray with real intent and have a soften heart and always put faith and trust in Heavenly Father.

I encourage you if you aren't a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, to look up www.mormon.org and find out who is your local missionaries through either a friend who is a member or family member.

Once you find out who is your local missionaries are, get their contact details/phone details and give them a phone call. Ask them if you can arrange a appointment to meet with them and then work out from there.

Stay Tuned until next time.

1 comment:

  1. No effort on behalf of God is ever wasted. Thankyou for spending time with the Sister missionaries and setting an example for others to follow. You don't always know who is watching and learning from that example.

    ReplyDelete