Thursday 28 January 2016

4 Simple Steps to Self-Improvement

I encourage you to allow some time to yourself to think about the following few questions.
What does "self worth" means to you? What does "self improvement" means to you?
How do you keep in track of your new improvements?

I would like to share with you my answers of those questions.
What does "self worth" means to me? It means nobody is like me.
For an example, I do my own way of doing things.

What does "self improvement" means to me? It means to see what things needs to improve on.
For an example, I would like to improve on my spirituality by doing readings for Institute during the week before I attend Institute the following week.

How do you keep in track of your new improvements? I keep in track of my new improvements in my mind and not in a journal.
4 Simple Steps to Self-Improvement by Sean Johnson. I would like to share with you some things that he mentioned.

"Change Is Hard
We all want to grow and learn and be better today than we were yesterday. So why is change so hard? Personal growth is essential to God’s plan. The Savior asks us to become “even as [He is].” How can we ever reach that lofty goal when we fall short of even our more modest ones?

Ask for Direction
We forget sometimes, when making plans to improve, to check in with the One who made the plan. The scriptures promise that “he shall direct [our] paths” if only we will ask—but do we remember to ask?

Think Small
Sometimes we’re required to make dramatic leaps of faith. But more often it’s the small hops that move us forward. Small adjustments over time can bring greater balance and peace to our lives.

Take Time to Reflect
“Set it and forget it” works great with our toaster ovens and online bill pay, but it’s a lousy approach to our goals. Regular self-checkins ensure we’re making progress (and give us a chance to make adjustments when we’re not). Simply asking, “How am I doing so far?” goes a long way.

Keep Trying
“One of God’s greatest gifts,” President Monson said, “is the joy of trying again, for no failure ever need be final.” Don’t let discouragement get the best of you when you fail at first (or second or third).

Keep going. Keep pushing. Keep trying."

I encourage you to read the whole talk in your own time. Here's the link to the talk.
www.lds.org/blog/try-this-for-a-change-4-simple-steps-to-self-improvement

Stay Tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment